S&P 500 component Stericycle Inc. reported its results for the fourth quarter. Stericycle manages regulated waste and provides related services. It operates in the United States, Canada, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Ireland, Portugal, Romania and the United Kingdom.
Investing Insights: Will the iPad 3 Be the Next Catalyst for Apple’s Stock?
Stericycle Earnings Cheat Sheet for the Fourth Quarter
Results: Net income for Stericycle Inc. rose to $ 64.3 million (74 cents per share) vs. $ 50 million (57 cents per share) in the same quarter a year earlier. This marks a rise of 28.6% from the year earlier quarter.
Revenue: Rose 13.5% to $ 446.6 million from the year earlier quarter.
Actual vs. Wall St. Expectations: Stericycle Inc. reported adjusted net income of 76 cents per share. By that measure, the company beat the mean estimate of 74 cents per share. Analysts were expecting revenue of $ 443 million.
The company has enjoyed double-digit year-over-year percentage revenue growth for the past five quarters. Over that span, the company has averaged growth of 18.4%, with the biggest boost coming in the fourth quarter of the last fiscal year when revenue rose 25.5% from the year earlier quarter.
The company has now seen net income rise in three straight quarters. In the third quarter, net income rose 4.5% and in the second quarter, the figure rose 4.6%.
The company has now beaten estimates the last two quarters. In the third quarter, it topped expectations with net income of 71 cents versus a mean estimate of net income of 70 cents per share.
Looking Forward: The average estimate for the first quarter of the next fiscal year remains unchanged at 77 cents a share. For the fiscal year, the average estimate has been unchanged at $ 2.82 a share.
(Company fundamentals provided by Xignite Financials. Earnings estimates provided by Zacks)
Don’t Miss These Additional Hot Earnings Stories:
To contact the reporter on this story: Derek Hoffman at [email protected]
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Damien Hoffman at [email protected]
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011