Stericycle (Nasdaq: SRCL ) reported earnings on Feb. 2. Here are the numbers you need to know.
The 10-second takeaway
For the quarter ended Dec. 31 (Q4), Stericycle met expectations on revenues and beat expectations on earnings per share.
Compared to the prior-year quarter, revenue expanded and GAAP earnings per share expanded significantly.
Gross margins dropped, operating margins dropped, and net margins increased.
Stericycle chalked up revenue of $ 446.6 million. The nine analysts polled by S&P Capital IQ wanted to see revenue of $ 443.5 million. Sales were 13% higher than the prior-year quarter’s $ 393.5 million.
Source: S&P Capital IQ. Quarterly periods. Dollar amounts in millions.
Non-GAAP EPS came in at $ 0.76. The 11 earnings estimates compiled by S&P Capital IQ predicted $ 0.73 per share on the same basis. GAAP EPS of $ 0.74 for Q4 were 30% higher than the prior-year quarter’s $ 0.57 per share.
Source: S&P Capital IQ. Quarterly periods. Figures may be non-GAAP to maintain comparability with estimates.
For the quarter, gross margin was 45.1%, 390 basis points worse than the prior-year quarter. Operating margin was 26.2%, 100 basis points worse than the prior-year quarter. Net margin was 14.4%, 170 basis points better than the prior-year quarter.
Next quarter’s average estimate for revenue is $ 456.0 million. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is $ 0.76.
Next year’s average estimate for revenue is $ 1.87 billion. The average EPS estimate is $ 3.21.
The stock has a two-star rating (out of five) at Motley Fool CAPS, with 277 members out of 300 rating the stock outperform, and 23 members rating it underperform. Among 97 CAPS All-Star picks (recommendations by the highest-ranked CAPS members), 90 give Stericycle a green thumbs-up, and seven give it a red thumbs-down.
Of Wall Street recommendations tracked by S&P Capital IQ, the average opinion on Stericycle is outperform, with an average price target of $ 92.75.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011