Question by Vordel: How to dumpster dive where I live? for people who dumpster dive?
A new interest of mine is dumpster diving. Some people may think its gross, but I don’t. I already know how to be safe about it a bit. Just curious, when is it the best time to go for leftover food from restaurant’s, to look for clothes, and canned food to just new some. I would like to know how and where to get certain things. Please don’t judge me on this either.
Answer by chris w
In the morning right before the dumpster truck arrives is best. If you stick to a route and always clean up any mess you find the dumpster owner may leave recyclables beside the dumpster as a thank you. Do keep in mind it’s considered trespassing and you can get busted. Small strip malls that also have take out eateries are generally good sources of edible foods and recyclables. For junk and clothing try the salvation army buildings any sunday they get dumped on by folks that junk out stuff after yard sales and since they are closed sundays nobody cares what gets left or taken.
Add your own answer in the comments!
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011