S&P 500 component Republic Services, Inc. will unveil its latest earnings on Thursday, February 9, 2012. Republic Services offers non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, recycling and disposal services in the United States.
Republic Services, Inc. Earnings Preview Cheat Sheet
Wall St. Earnings Expectations: The average estimate of analysts is for net income of 45 cents per share, a rise of 7.1% from the company’s actual earnings for the same quarter a year ago. During the past three months, the average estimate has moved down from 46 cents. Between one and three months ago, the average estimate moved down. It has been unchanged at 45 cents during the last month. For the year, analysts are projecting profit of $ 1.88 per share, a rise of 11.2% from last year.
Past Earnings Performance: Last quarter, the company beat estimates by 3 cents, coming in at net income of 53 cents a share versus the estimate of profit of 50 cents a share. It marked the fourth straight quarter of beating estimates.
Investing Insights: Will the iPad 3 Be the Next Catalyst for Apple’s Stock?
Wall St. Revenue Expectations: On average, analysts predict $ 2.02 billion in revenue this quarter, no change from the year ago quarter. Analysts are forecasting total revenue of $ 8.2 billion for the year, a rise of 1.1% from last year’s revenue of $ 8.11 billion.
Analyst Ratings: Analysts are bullish on this stock with five analysts rating it as a buy, none rating it as a sell and one rating it as a hold.
A Look Back: In the third quarter, profit rose 44.2% to $ 193.5 million (52 cents a share) from $ 134.2 million (35 cents a share) the year earlier, exceeding analyst expectations. Revenue rose 2.6% to $ 2.12 billion from $ 2.06 billion.
Revenue has risen the past four quarters. Revenue rose 1% in the second quarter from the year earlier, climbed 0.4% in the first quarter from the year-ago quarter and 1.1% in the fourth quarter of the last fiscal year.
The increase in profit in the third quarter came after net income fell in the previous quarter. In the second quarter, net income fell 70.9%.
Stock Price Performance: During December 6, 2011 to February 3, 2012, the stock price had risen $ 3.11 (11.5%) from $ 26.93 to $ 30.04. The stock price saw one of its best stretches over the last year between April 21, 2011 and May 3, 2011 when shares rose for eight-straight days, rising 7.7% (+$ 2.22) over that span. It saw one of its worst periods between July 7, 2011 and July 18, 2011 when shares fell for eight-straight days, falling 7.4% (-$ 2.30) over that span.
(Company fundamentals by Xignite Financials. Earnings estimates provided by Zacks)
Don’t Miss These Additional Hot Stories:
To contact the reporter on this story: Derek Hoffman at [email protected]
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Damien Hoffman at [email protected]
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011