Waste Connections Inc. reported its results for the fourth quarter. Waste Connections is an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly secondary markets in the western and southern United States.
Investing Insights: Will the iPad 3 Be the Next Catalyst for Apple’s Stock?
Waste Connections Earnings Cheat Sheet for the Fourth Quarter
Results: Net income for Waste Connections Inc. rose to $ 38 million (34 cents per share) vs. $ 36.1 million (31 cents per share) in the same quarter a year earlier. This marks a rise of 5% from the year earlier quarter.
Revenue: Rose 13% to $ 379.8 million from the year earlier quarter.
Actual vs. Wall St. Expectations: Waste Connections Inc. reported adjusted net income of 35 cents per share. By that measure, the company fell in line with the mean estimate of 35 cents per share. Analysts were expecting revenue of $ 377.1 million.
Quoting Management: “We are extremely pleased with our results in the quarter and full year. Better than expected pricing growth in the quarter, increased special waste volumes, and tight cost controls helped cushion the impact of a 30% decline in recycled fiber values during the first half of the fourth quarter. Continued strength in core pricing growth, relative stability in municipal solid waste volumes, and recent modest increases in recycled fiber values should provide a good springboard into 2012,” said Ronald J. Mittelstaedt, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
The company has now seen net income rise in three straight quarters. In the third quarter, net income rose 13% and in the second quarter, the figure rose 46.1%.
Revenue has risen the past four quarters. Revenue increased 16.8% to $ 404 million in the third quarter. The figure rose 18.1% in the second quarter from the year earlier and climbed 7.8% in the first quarter from the year-ago quarter.
The company fell in line with estimates last quarter after topping expectations in the previous two quarters. In the third quarter, it topped the mark by 2 cents, and in the second quarter, it was ahead by one cent.
Looking Forward: Analysts appear increasingly negative about the company’s results for the next quarter. The average estimate for the first quarter of the next fiscal year has moved down from 36 cents a share to 35 cents over the last ninety days. At $ 1.48 per share, the average estimate for the fiscal year has fallen from $ 1.49 ninety days ago.
(Company fundamentals provided by Xignite Financials. Earnings estimates provided by Zacks)
Don’t Miss These Additional Hot Stories:
To contact the reporter on this story: Derek Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Damien Hoffman at email@example.com
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011