Waste Management (NYSE: WM ) filed its 10-K on Feb. 16. Here are the numbers you need to know.
The 10-second takeaway
For the quarter ended Dec. 31 (Q4), Waste Management beat slightly on revenues and beat expectations on earnings per share.
Compared to the prior-year quarter, revenue grew, and GAAP earnings per share dropped.
Margins contracted across the board.
Waste Management recorded revenue of $ 3.41 billion. The seven analysts polled by S&P Capital IQ wanted to see sales of $ 3.36 billion on the same basis. GAAP reported sales were 6.9% higher than the prior-year quarter’s $ 3.19 billion.
Source: S&P Capital IQ. Quarterly periods. Dollar amounts in millions. Non-GAAP figures may vary to maintain comparability with estimates.
Non-GAAP EPS came in at $ 0.63. The nine earnings estimates compiled by S&P Capital IQ anticipated $ 0.61 per share on the same basis. GAAP EPS of $ 0.58 for Q4 were 1.7% lower than the prior-year quarter’s $ 0.59 per share.
Source: S&P Capital IQ. Quarterly periods. Non-GAAP figures may vary to maintain comparability with estimates.
For the quarter, gross margin was 37%, 210 basis points worse than the prior-year quarter. Operating margin was 17.1%, 130 basis points worse than the prior-year quarter. Net margin was 7.8%, 100 basis points worse than the prior-year quarter.
Next quarter’s average estimate for revenue is $ 3.18 billion. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is $ 0.40.
Next year’s average estimate for revenue is $ 13.77 billion. The average EPS estimate is $ 2.29.
The stock has a five-star rating (out of five) at Motley Fool CAPS, with 2,529 members rating the stock outperform and 54 members rating it underperform. Among 674 CAPS All-Star picks (recommendations by the highest-ranked CAPS members), 665 give Waste Management a green thumbs-up, and nine give it a red thumbs-down.
Of Wall Street recommendations tracked by S&P Capital IQ, the average opinion on Waste Management is hold, with an average price target of $ 36.19.
Can your portfolio provide you with enough income to last through retirement? You’ll need more than Waste Management. Learn how to maximize your investment income and “Secure Your Future With 11 Rock-Solid Dividend Stocks.” Click here for instant access to this free report.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011