Heritage-Crystal Clean (Nasdaq: HCCI ) reported earnings Feb. 22. Here are the numbers you need to know.
The 10-second takeaway
For the quarter ended Dec. 31 (Q4), Heritage-Crystal Clean beat expectations on revenues and missed expectations on earnings per share.
Compared to the prior-year quarter, revenue improved significantly and GAAP earnings per share contracted to a loss.
Margins shrank across the board.
Heritage-Crystal Clean logged revenue of $ 54.9 million. The three analysts polled by S&P Capital IQ wanted to see a top line of $ 47.8 million on the same basis. GAAP reported sales were 52% higher than the prior-year quarter’s $ 36.0 million.
Source: S&P Capital IQ. Quarterly periods. Dollar amounts in millions. Non-GAAP figures may vary to maintain comparability with estimates.
EPS came in at -$ 0.01. The three earnings estimates compiled by S&P Capital IQ forecast $ 0.05 per share. GAAP EPS were -$ 0.01 for Q4 versus $ 0.07 per share for the prior-year quarter.
Source: S&P Capital IQ. Quarterly periods. Non-GAAP figures may vary to maintain comparability with estimates.
For the quarter, gross margin was 15.2%, 5,630 basis points worse than the prior-year quarter. Operating margin was -0.5%, 480 basis points worse than the prior-year quarter. Net margin was -0.3%, 290 basis points worse than the prior-year quarter.
Next quarter’s average estimate for revenue is $ 38.0 million. On the bottom line, the average EPS estimate is $ 0.07.
Next year’s average estimate for revenue is $ 208.1 million. The average EPS estimate is $ 0.74.
The stock has a three-star rating (out of five) at Motley Fool CAPS, with 57 members out of 61 rating the stock outperform, and four members rating it underperform. Among 15 CAPS All-Star picks (recommendations by the highest-ranked CAPS members), 15 give Heritage-Crystal Clean a green thumbs-up.
Of Wall Street recommendations tracked by S&P Capital IQ, the average opinion on Heritage-Crystal Clean is outperform, with an average price target of $ 23.00.
Over the decades, small-cap stocks like Heritage-Crystal Clean have provided market-beating returns, provided they’re value priced and have solid businesses. Read about a pair of companies with a lock on their markets in “Too Small to Fail: Two Small Caps the Government Won’t Let Go Broke.” Click here for instant access to this free report.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011