Waste Management is consolidating after a rally, and one trader is positioning for the stock to hold its ground.
optionMONSTER’s tracking systems detected the sale of 3,825 April 32 puts for $ 0.30. Volume was more than twice open interest in the strike.
The put seller is now obligated to buy shares in the garbage-disposal company for $ 32 if they fall to that level. If, however, they remain above it for the next two months, he or she will keep the credit and the contracts will expire worthless. (See our Education section for more on market-neutral strategies that make money from the passage of time rather than a directional move.)
WM fell 0.73 percent to $ 35.38 yesterday but is up 17 percent in the last three months. It’s been climbing along with the rest of the market, having reported better-than-expected earnings and revenue on Feb. 16.
The stock has been attempting to hold its ground around the same level where it peaked in late October and consolidated above $ 32 two months later. Those patterns could make some chart watchers think that it has support above the strike price and give them comfort writing the puts at that level.
Overall option volume in the name was triple the daily average in the session.
More From optionMONSTER
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011