Waste Connections plans to sell 12M shares of stock
Feb. 27 — Waste Connections Inc. plans to go to the stock market in a move that could raise hundreds of millions of dollars to pay down debt and potentially make acquisitions.
The Woodlands, Texas-based solid waste management company, after the stock markets closed Feb. 27, said it plans to issue 12 million shares of common stock in a public offering.
The offering will be made under the company’s current shelf registration statement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
“Waste Connections intends to use the net proceeds to repay the unhedged portion of the outstanding borrowings under its senior revolving credit facility and to use any remaining net proceeds for general corporate purposes, which may include acquisitions of additional assets or businesses, the repayment of other indebtedness, capital expenditures and increasing working capital,” the company said in a statement.
Waste Connections stock closed at $ 31.82 per share Feb. 27. The sale of 12 million shares at that price could raise gross proceeds of almost $ 382 million. Paperwork filed with the SEC does not list a proposed price for the shares.
As of Dec. 31, Waste Connections had 110.9 million shares of common stock outstanding and the ability to issue up to a total of 250 million shares of common stock through current documents filed with the SEC.
It´s not the first time Waste Connections has issued shares of its stock to raise cash. In September 2008, the company announced it was selling 11 million shares, offering them at $ 32.50 each.
Contact Waste & Recycling News senior reporter Jim Johnson at email@example.com or 937-964-1289.
This Year’s Most Popular Stories
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011