WRN announces Rising Stars award-winners
March 5 – Waste & Recycling News has chosen 12 up-and-coming professionals for its inaugural Rising Stars awards.
The winners were picked from a batch of nearly 100 nominees under the age of 45.
These Rising Stars serve the waste and recycling industries in a variety of ways, including engineering, landfill management, entrepreneurship, communications and public service.
“The talent level of these 100-or-so nominees was extraordinary,” said WRN Editor John Campanelli. “Cutting the ranks to only 12 honorees was difficult, but it proves just how many gifted young people are in our industry.
“Our future is in good hands.”
Here are Waste & Recycling News’ Rising Stars for 2012:
* Tom Buechel, owner of Rockaway Recycling & the iScrap App.
* Brooke Farrell, CEO and founder of RecycleMatch.
* Alberto Guardado, director of collection operations for Waste Management of New Mexico.
* Tom Szaky, founder and CEO of Terracycle Inc.
* Russell Mackie, regional vice president of Waste Pro of Florida Inc.
* Jeremy Labbe, engineer and environmental compliance manager of Casella Waste Systems Inc.
* Kevin McLaughlin, environmental protection specialist for U.S. EPA.
* W. Scott Radeker IV, vice president of operations at CRS Reprocessing Services LLC
* Stephanie Goodman, environmental manager of Republic Services Inc.
* Joe Liebau Jr., executive director of WasteCap Resource Solutions.
* Zachary Poucher, general manager of Advanced Disposal’s South Forsyth Materials Recover Facility.
* Julie Pond, founder and president of Sage Environmental Services Inc.
Contact Waste & Recycling News at [email protected] or 313-446-6000.
This Year’s Most Popular Stories