Based on the aggregated intelligence of 170,000-plus investors participating in Motley Fool CAPS, the Fool’s free investing community, waste hauler Republic Services (NYSE: RSG ) has earned a respected four-star ranking.
With that in mind, let’s take a closer look at Republic‘s business and see what CAPS investors are saying about the stock right now.
|Headquarters (Founded)||Phoenix (1996)|
|Market Cap||$ 11.6 billion|
|Trailing-12-Month Revenue||$ 8.1 billion|
|Management||CEO Donald Slager
CFO Tod Holmes
|Return on Equity (Average, Past 3 Years)||5.5%|
|Cash/Debt||$ 71.3 million /$ 6.8 billion|
|Competitors||Waste Management (NYSE: WM )|
Sources: Capital IQ (a division of Standard & Poor’s) and Motley Fool CAPS.
On CAPS, 96% of the 495 members who have rated Republic believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 going forward. These bulls include All-Star JBouchard, who is ranked in the top 0.5% of our community, and goqqq.
Earlier this year , JBouchard tapped Republic as a solid income opportunity: “Fairly priced, reasonable dividend yield, in a sector that’s always going to be needed. Not sexy, but seems to perform well.”
Over the past five years, Republic has even grown its top line at a brisk rate of 23%. That’s faster than other waste-management plays such as Veolia Environnement‘s (NYSE: VE ) 6.6% and Stericycle‘s (Nasdaq: SRCL ) 18.8%, let alone Waste Management’s annual drop of 0.9%.
CAPS member goqqq elaborates on the Republic bull case:
Waste haulers have extremely high operating leverage by nature of their fixed-cost structure (in large part because of trucks and landfill operations). If Republic can generate enough waste volume to cover its fixed costs, incremental revenue translates into high margins and profitability. The firm has an exclusive contract with the city of Las Vegas, lasting until 2035. Republic has created a monopoly in the growing Las Vegas region, virtually ensuring years of strong cash flow.
What do you think about Republic, or any other stock for that matter? If you want to retire rich, you need to put together the best portfolio you can. Owning exceptional stocks is a surefire way to secure your financial future, and on Motley Fool CAPS, thousands of investors are working every day to find them. CAPS is 100% free, so get started!
From our Blog
- 15 items That You Should Either Recycle Or Thrown In The Trash October 5, 2016
- What to Ask When Looking for a Waste Collection Provider October 3, 2016
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011