Ben Rooney, On Tuesday July 5, 2011, 11:31 am
Christine Lagarde, the incoming head of the International Monetary Fund, will receive over $ 550,000 a year in total compensation, the organization said Tuesday.
The former finance minister of France’s pay package includes an after-tax salary of $ 467,940 a year and an annual allowance of $ 83,760 for living expenses, the IMF disclosed.
Lagarde, the first woman to run the global financial institution, begins her 5-year term as managing director Tuesday.
She takes over at a crucial time for the IMF, which is working closely with the European Union and the European Central Bank to provide financial support for Greece and other troubled European economies.
The IMF has also been rocked by the controversy surrounding Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the former managing director, who resigned in May after being accused of sexually assaulting a hotel maid in New York.
Strauss-Kahn was released from house arrest last week after prosecutors said the credibility of the alleged victim was in question.
When he was appointed in 2007, Strauss-Kahn was awarded a salary of $ 420,930 a year and an allowance of $ 75,350, according to IMF records.
According to the terms of her appointment, the IMF said Lagarde is “expected to observe the highest standards of ethical conduct, consistent with the values of integrity, impartiality and discretion.”
Lagarde’s allowance will be paid out in monthly installments “without any certification or justification by [Lagarde].” The money is to be used by Lagarde to ensure “a scale of living appropriate to your position as Managing Director and to the Fund’s need for representation.”
The terms state that Lagarde will be able to manage her own investments and those of her immediate family members. But she must provide annual disclosures to the IMF‘s board to ensure there are no conflicts of interest.
Lagarde will receive retirement benefits and will be able to take a “reasonable vacation,” according to the terms.
The IMF is an organization of 187 nations dedicated to monetary cooperation and exchange rate stability. The 66-year old organization also works to facilitate international trade and promote economic growth around the world.
Follow Yahoo! Finance on ; become a fan on Facebook.
Yahoo! Finance: Waste Management Industry News
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011