(PRWEB) July 22, 2005
Identity theft has reached epidemic proportions in the U.S. today. The Federal Trade Commission estimates that one in twenty people have been victimized, and the statistics are rising. Using modern technology, it’s easier than ever to steal private information. It’s been reported that thieves have even taken the identities of people who had died. No one is safe from this crime.
Anyone who has a driver’s license, credit card, Social Security number, medical insurance, or any identifiers is vulnerable.
Those with a good credit rating are even more at risk.
Sensitive personal information is floating around everywhere,” noted Paige Turner, who has prepared a free report advising people how to protect themselves against this threat. It’s important to become aware of how people get your information and what steps you can take to secure your privacy.
Thieves are now spending time dumpster diving, phishing, and pharming to steal information, new activities that have recently become popular.
Her report, Safeguarding Your Identity, describes ways to keep your credit cards, wallet, home, and computer more secure. She provides information about some simple things to do that could make a major difference in how secure your information is and how it is handled.
With the recent changes in federal legislation, everyone is now entitled to a free annual credit report. Details for getting one are provided, along with complete contact information for the major national credit bureaus. Information for opting out of receiving junk mail from members of the Direct Marketing Association and related groups is also listed.
Knowing what to do is critical and may make the difference between having peace of mind or enduring months –perhaps years — of trying to get your credit repaired and your good name back. That can be an expensive and emotionally trying process that no one wants to experience.
Protect yourself and those you love before it’s too late. To get your copy of this free report, Safeguarding Your Identity, go to http://www.safeguardyourinfo.com.
Related Dumpster Diving Press Releases
From our Blog
- Helpful Tips When Renting a Dumpster January 21, 2013
- Tips for Cleaning Up and Organizing January 4, 2013
- Phoenix AZ Dumpster Rentals Now Available at SameDayDumpsters.com October 22, 2012
- Dumpster Rental in Bethseda, MD Available at SameDayDumpsters.com September 8, 2012
- Dumpster Rental in Pennsylvania Made Easy with SameDayDumpsters August 28, 2012
- Troop 581 B.S.A. August 21, 2012
- Renting a Dumpster in NY Made Easy by Samedaydumpsters.com August 14, 2012
- Home Remodeling Projects Made Much Easier with SameDayDumpsters.com August 3, 2012
- Junk Removal Services Made Easy with SameDayDumpsters July 14, 2012
- Dumpster Rental for Any Construction Project Now Available at SameDayDumpsters.com June 30, 2012
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Castledoor “Dumpster Diving” June 3, 2011
- Q&A: What is it like to go dumpster diving? December 11, 2011
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- Dumpster Diving Documentary (part 1) November 25, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- dumpster diving June 2, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011