“s” : “cnx,ve”,”k” : “a00,a50,b00,b60,c10,g00,h00,l10,p20,t10,v00″,”o” : “”,”j” : “”
Zacks Equity Research, On Wednesday July 13, 2011, 5:00 pm EDT
CONSOL Energy Inc. (NYSE: CNX – News) has awarded Veolia Water, a division of Veolia Environnement (NYSE: VE – News), a contract to construct and operate a new state-of-the-art mine water treatment system to be located near Mannington, West Virginia.
As part of the deal, Veolia Water will be treating mine water from CONSOL’s Blacksville #2, Loveridge, and Robinson Run mining operations. The deal entails a 10-year operating partnership between CONSOL and Veolia Water, along with an option to operate the facility for an additional five years. Constructed by Veolia Water, a global leader in sustainable environmental services, the treatment facility will ensure an environmentally sustainable design and construction approach.
Veolia said it will begin the construction of the Zero Liquid Waste Discharge system in July 2011, expecting to commence full operations at the facility by May 2013.
Further, the companies expect the project to create roughly 200 construction jobs over the next two and a half years and nearly 20 permanent jobs to operate the facility. The Veolia team will be utilizing local construction partners and personnel from its Pittsburgh office.
Veolia Water, a unit of Veolia Environnement, is the world leader in water and wastewater services and technological solutions. Veolia Water is uniquely able to provide cutting-edge technologies for oil and gas customers and back them with a full operational performance guarantee.
We believe Veolia Water’s experience of more than 155 years in global water treatment will play a key role in the designing and operation of this new system which will treat high-volume mine water with numerous constituents.
Based in France, Veolia Environnement is a provider of environmental management services to its consumers worldwide. It operates through four segments, which are Water, Environmental Services, Energy Services, and Transportation.
Based in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, CONSOL Energy is a multi-fuel energy producer as well as energy services provider. It has 11 bituminous coal mining complexes in five states and has proven and probable coal reserves of 4.4 billion tons. It is also a leading Eastern U.S. gas producer, with proved reserves of over 3.7 trillion cubic feet.
Follow Yahoo! Finance on ; become a fan on Facebook.
Yahoo! Finance: Waste Management Industry News
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011