$ 667 million waste-to-energy facility to be built in Fla.
* addthis_config is used to set global options.
* ‘services_exclude’ lists all services not to be
* shown in the drop down menus.
* UI API found here: http://www.addthis.com/help/client-api#configuration-ui
* Service List found here: http://www.addthis.com/services/list
July 14 — The Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County, Fla., recently awarded a consortium of three contractors a $ 667 million design-build contract for a 3,000-ton-per-day mass waste-to-energy facility.
The three contractors selected are Cambridge, Mass.-based CDM, Birmingham, Ala.-based BE&K Construction Co. LLC and Babcock & Wilcox Power Generation Group Inc. in Barberton, Ohio.
The facility will produce 95-gross megawatts of renewable energy and reduce the amount of waste sent to the authority´s landfill. The project also includes a visitor center, which will be used for educational purposes.
Sustainability features will include zero wastewater discharge, photovoltaic solar panels and rainwater harvesting. The Solid Waste Authority said the facility is designed to have the cleanest air emissions of any waste-to-energy plant built in the U.S.
The project is in the design phase, with construction scheduled to begin next spring and be completed in 2015. It is anticipated that the project will employ more than 900 people during construction and create more than 300 full-time construction jobs.
Contact Waste & Recycling News reporter Shawn Wright at email@example.com or 313-446-0346.
This Year’s Most Popular Stories
From our Blog
- 15 items That You Should Either Recycle Or Thrown In The Trash October 5, 2016
- What to Ask When Looking for a Waste Collection Provider October 3, 2016
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011