Yesterday was the day for food shopping. I’ve eschewed these large corporate food chains (who exploit workers and feed us garbage) and fast foods (who do the same) and cook at home 99% of the time. Our only dining out now is local family restaurants on special occasions, date night and while traveling.
Last night we visited for the first time a local Spanish market. The place was impeccably clean, the staff spoke English and those who didn’t found you one who did and the food prices were fair. We decided to get some fresh chicken to cook on the BBQ and a little dessert later. The bakery sells desserts for one portion. If I have an entire cake I become a glutton and want to eat the whole thing.
Before food shopping, we decided to hit a few malls. Found makeup, office supplies, probably a year’s worth of trash bags (new) and other odds and ends. The pet food went to our neighbor who just bought a dog (the pet food was way before sell date) and the makeup will be distributed to local needy women.
So today, I realize I needed new makeup brushes. Went to Target and bought 4 new brushes at a good price. Guess what I found when we left the parking lot in a local full dumpster? A brand new bag of makeup brushes.
The law of attraction works ladies and gentleman. But you have to believe the universe will provide and then get out of your own way! The makeup brush was a small manifestation of what happens when you relax and let go.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011