Went on a 4,425 mile trip to see family and friends in 3 weeks. That’s a LOT of driving. On the way to see loved ones, passed out many a candy bar, bag of chips, crackers or bottled water to weary travelers who were less fortunate than myself. It was good to see family and friends and to meet my new dear mother-in-law. I’m lucky; I have a good one and good husband. After that exhausting trip, came straight home and did nothing for a few days. As a middle aged woman that type of trip takes a lot out of you. It did my husband as well. I insisted that he pace himself as he spreads himself too thin. He’s sometimes TOO nice and promises more than his physical body could do.
We did some dumpster diving in his home state. We found a crate of Febreeze (one bottle was smashed so the entire case was dumped). We gave half of that away. We also found one case of pickled vegetables in jars. One jar was broken and the rest was thrown in the trash – perfectly good of course. Gave away half of our finds to others on the road.
Dived twice since I’ve been back. The other night found a ton of 4th of July trinkets which we will give away to the kidlets. On the way to our first store I told my husband that I wanted to find a razor to match the blades we’d found and I’d like to find some chips. Guess what was in the dumpster? A brand new Mach 3 razor kit unopened and dozen bags of new chips.
Manifestation works. You have to believe that it is.
Tonight found a beautiful little dog sculpture that has beaded glass all over it. You’re supposed to put a candle in it to light up the beads. Also retrieved a bulb for the garden. Simply beautiful. Also found a dozen of odds and ends for plumbing work that my husband can use for repairs. Found a new flashlight for diving.
Isn’t life wonderful?
This economy is really terrible and I feel really bad for those who are hurting. I’ve been there.
So if in my little way I can help others with fruit, toys, crackers or chips, then I will. While we were driving and in hotels I made a new blanket (crocheted) for the house. I like it, I think all my readers will like it.
From our Blog
- 15 items That You Should Either Recycle Or Thrown In The Trash October 5, 2016
- What to Ask When Looking for a Waste Collection Provider October 3, 2016
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011