“s” : “clh,cwst,idsa,pesi,rsg,spy,srcl,wcaa,wcn,wm”,”k” : “a00,a50,b00,b60,c10,g00,h00,l10,p20,t10,v00″,”o” : “”,”j” : “”
On Thursday July 28, 2011, 5:28 pm
S&P 500 component Republic Services, Inc. reported a lower net income in second quarter. Republic Services, Inc. offers non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, recycling and disposal services in the U.S.
Republic Services Earnings Cheat Sheet for the Second Quarter
Results: Net income for the waste management company fell to $ 46.5 million (12 cents per share) vs. $ 159.7 million (42 cents per share) a year earlier. This is a decline of 70.9% from the year earlier quarter.
Revenue: Rose 1% to $ 2.09 billion from the year earlier quarter.
Actual vs. Wall St. Expectations: RSG reported adjusted net income of 49 cents per share. By that measure, it beat the mean analyst estimate of 48 cents per share. Analysts were expecting revenue of $ 2.1 billion.
Quoting Management: Commenting on these results, Donald W. Slager, President and Chief Executive Officer of Republic Services, said, “The business continues to track to our expectations. The Company’s performance is a direct result of continued focus on pricing, productivity improvements and customer service. This is the fifth quarter in a row we have seen improvement in our collection volumes. We are confident in reaffirming our guidance. We remain committed to a consistent cash utilization strategy that includes both dividend growth and share repurchase.”
Gross margin shrank 0.4 percentage point to 40.7%. The contraction appeared to be driven by increased costs, which rose 1.6% from the year earlier quarter while revenue rose 1%.
Last quarter’s profit decrease breaks a streak of three consecutive quarters of year-over-year profit increases. Net income rose more than twofold in the first quarter from the year earlier, while the figure rose more than fourfold in the fourth quarter of the last fiscal year and 11.4% in the third quarter of the last fiscal year.
Revenue has now gone up for three straight quarters. In the first quarter, revenue rose 0.4% to $ 1.96 billion while the figure rose 1.1% in the fourth quarter of the last fiscal year from the year earlier.
Competitors to Watch: Waste Management, Inc. , Waste Connections, Inc. , WCA Waste Corporation , Casella Waste Systems Inc. , Perma-Fix Environmental Services, Inc. , Stericycle, Inc. , Industrial Services of America, Inc. , Clean Harbors, Inc. .
(Source: Xignite Financials)
Follow Yahoo! Finance on ; become a fan on Facebook.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011