Clean Harbors blows away analysts´ estimates, stock spikes
* addthis_config is used to set global options.
* ‘services_exclude’ lists all services not to be
* shown in the drop down menus.
* UI API found here: http://www.addthis.com/help/client-api#configuration-ui
* Service List found here: http://www.addthis.com/services/list
Aug. 3 — Clean Harbors Inc., despite seeing both revenue and profit fall during the second quarter, said the company had another solid performance.
Shareholders liked what they saw as the company’s stock price was up sharply in early trading.
Clean Harbors earned $ 29.2 million, or 55 cents per diluted share, on revenue of $ 447.2 million for the second quarter of 2011.
Analysts, according to Yahoo Finance, had estimated revenue would be $ 419.7 million and earnings would be 43 cents per share during the quarter.
“The second quarter of 2011 was another period of solid financial performance and achievement for Clean Harbors,” CEO Alan S. McKim said.
Investors apparently agreed. Early trading on Aug. 3 had shares up by $ 5.92 per share, or more than 11%, to $ 57.57.
The company´s results compare with earnings of $ 57.9 million, or $ 1.10 per diluted share, on revenue of $ 471.6 million for same period last year. Comparisons to the second quarter of 2010 were impacted by about $ 109 million in extra work the company secured last summer regarding the Gulf of Mexico oil spill cleanup.
Clean Harbors, based in Norwell, Mass., provides environmental, energy and industrial services. The company has more than 175 locations, including more than 50 waste management facilities, in North America.
Contact Waste & Recycling News senior reporter Jim Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-964-1289.
This Year’s Most Popular Stories
From our Blog
- 15 items That You Should Either Recycle Or Thrown In The Trash October 5, 2016
- What to Ask When Looking for a Waste Collection Provider October 3, 2016
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011