Question by xlnlybrknherox: What is the average rental cost of a dumpster?
Is there anyone out there who has a general idea of what it would cost to rent a dumpster? My neighbor and I are cleaning out our basements and garages, which are pretty cluttered. Most of the stuff will have to be tossed, either due to damage (rodents, insects, mold, etc) or its just outdated. We’ve gotten a start on the project, and have estimated that we’ll end up collecting about 25 cubic yards of trash. Therefore, we’ll need either a 20 or 30 cubic yard dumpster.
We could also put the trash in bags and put them on the curb for weekly pickup, but it would take months and $ 400 in garbage stickers. The dumpster would obviously have the less time benefit, but would it be more cost effective to simply put it on the curb?
All advice would be greatly appreciated, especially on how to lower the cost of trash removal. Thank You.
Answer by bugear001
A “roll off” dumpster would probably be best. The 6yd and 8yd dumpsters are normally rented by the month. I believe they rent them by the day and then they also weigh them. Not sure. I’ve had them here where I work, but I don’t remember the exact cost. Also….Be aware of where they will drop it. The back wheels on the roll offs have a tendency to tear up the asphalt.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
From our Blog
- 15 items That You Should Either Recycle Or Thrown In The Trash October 5, 2016
- What to Ask When Looking for a Waste Collection Provider October 3, 2016
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011