“s” : “sbs,ve”,”k” : “a00,a50,b00,b60,c10,g00,h00,l10,p20,t10,v00″,”o” : “”,”j” : “”
Zacks Equity Research, On Thursday August 11, 2011, 4:15 pm EDT
Companhia de Saneamento Basico do Estado de São Paulo or SABESP (NYSE: SBS – News) recently announced its tariff adjustment as approved by the São Paulo State Sanitation and Energy Regulatory Agency (ARSESP) on August 9, 2011.
The regulatory agency approved a tariff readjustment index of 6.83% for SABESP, which the company can apply linearly to all categories of water and sewage consumers as of September 9, 2011. The tariff adjustment announced will not be applicable to the municipalities of São Bernardo do Campo, Lins and Magda.
SABESP is a public water and sewage services provider in the State of São Paulo, Brazil. The company is one of the largest players in the industry having distributed water to approximately 23.6 million people and provided sewage services to more than 20.2 million people as of fiscal year 2010.
Long-term prospects of SABESP appears bright as the company targets to provide roughly 1.3 million new water connections and 1.7 million new sewage connections, improving its sewage coverage to 90%, through 2019. Water loss ratio is expected to go down to 14% by December 2014 compared with 26% at the end of March 2011.
Moreover, the company is making a constant effort to improve its services and coverage over time. Its investment target over the 2009-2013 period would be around R$ 8.6 billion, with R$ 1,753 million intended for 2011 and R$ 1,748 million for 2012.
The current Zacks Consensus Estimate for the second quarter is $ 1.91, representing a year-over-year growth of 16.46%. Estimate for 2011 and 2012 is $ 5.52 and $ 5.67, reflecting a decline of 32.52% and growth of 2.66%, respectively.
Despite these positives, concerns over rising expenses and mounting debt levels have forced us to remain on the sidelines at current levels. Also, the company is in direct competition with its peer companies like Veolia Environnement S.A. (NYSE: VE – News).
Follow Yahoo! Finance on ; become a fan on Facebook.
Yahoo! Finance: Waste Management Industry News
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011