Been raining here a lot so it totally screws up my dumpster diving. However many times when it’s raining like cats and dogs, the staff wait until it stops raining and then they throw out a fresh bag of trash.
The other night retrieved 2 boxes of women’s vitamins. Won’t expire for another 2 years. These are the multipacks you can take traveling or when you’re on the go.
Several vials of EmergC packets and Gatorade flavored water containers. These will come in handy while traveling or once again on the go.
To me dumpster diving is an obsession or an addiction. If stores are going to throw away perfectly good items that can be used by me or others, then I’m going to take whatever they throw out.
I grew up poor. I know what it’s like to have literally no food and barely making it. I know that feeling all too well. Now in our economy we have working men and women who are living in their cars, their vans or RV or living at home with mom and dad or couch surfing.
I feel their pain, I do. And if my hygiene kits or food kits help someone who is hurting, then that makes me happy.
15 years ago I used to be such a mall junkie. My priorities were my mani/pedi, what man I could date or meet, what new outfit I could buy, how hot I looked or how much I could do to my hair to meet a man. Now that I look back on it, those were pointless meaningless jaunts.
If I could bring back 20 years ago after my first husband died I would have been a dumpster diver and more of a environmentalist who cared about others more, instead of spending more and consuming meaningless items.
But we cannot go back in time, can we. So for the last 5 years I’ve been an urban forager, gleaning items and helping others. To me it’s more noble and honorable. I’m not judging those who are still mall and spending junkies. But the reason behind those pointless jaunts are busy making activities to fill an empty void of pain and loneliness. Maybe it’s a case of narcissim and looking good, who knows?
From our Blog
- 15 items That You Should Either Recycle Or Thrown In The Trash October 5, 2016
- What to Ask When Looking for a Waste Collection Provider October 3, 2016
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011