“s” : “wm”,”k” : “a00,a50,b00,b60,c10,g00,h00,l10,p20,t10,v00″,”o” : “”,”j” : “”
Press Release Source: Waste Management, Inc. On Tuesday August 16, 2011, 9:36 am EDT
HOUSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE:WM – News) today announced that Bradbury H. Anderson, formerly Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Best Buy Co. Inc., was elected to its Board of Directors on Thursday, August 11th.
Mr. Anderson’s career at Best Buy included a broad range of experiences. Mr. Anderson started at Best Buy in 1973, and held various assignments of increasing responsibility before being named Vice President in 1981. He was named President and Chief Operating Officer for Best Buy in 1991. In 2002, Mr. Anderson assumed the responsibility of Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for Best Buy. He retired from his Chief Executive Officer role in June 2009.
“Brad led Best Buy through a highly successful customer segmentation transformation during a time of significant change in the electronics retail business. We believe that his experience in customer focus and segmenting will provide invaluable perspective and guidance to both our Board and our management team. We are pleased to have him as part of our team,” said David P. Steiner, Chief Executive Officer of Waste Management.
Mr. Anderson holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Denver. He was a member of the Best Buy board of directors until his retirement in June 2010, and currently serves on the board of Carlson, a private travel and hospitality company, and General Mills.
The election of Mr. Anderson brings the size of Waste Management’s Board of Directors to nine members, eight of whom are independent.
ABOUT WASTE MANAGEMENT
Waste Management, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. It is also a leading developer, operator and owner of waste-to-energy and landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States. The company’s customers include residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers throughout North America. To learn more information about Waste Management visit www.wm.com or www.thinkgreen.com.
Follow Yahoo! Finance on ; become a fan on Facebook.
Yahoo! Finance: Waste Management Industry News
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011