“s” : “rsg,wm”,”k” : “a00,a50,b00,b60,c10,g00,h00,l10,p20,t10,v00″,”o” : “”,”j” : “”
Zacks Equity Research, On Tuesday August 16, 2011, 6:15 pm EDT
Republic Services Inc. (NYSE: RSG – News) announced that its board of directors has authorized an aggregate buyback of $ 750 million of common stock, which includes the previous authorization. The company will have to repurchase the shares by December 31, 2013, as per the latest authorization.
Earlier, in November 2010, the board of directors had authorized a buyback of $ 400 million of common stock of which the company utilized $ 303.2 million to repurchase 10.1 million shares at an average price of $ 30.08 per share. Hence, the new authorization adds another $ 653.2 million to the share repurchase coffer.
The company boasts of a strong financial position. Cash and cash equivalents of the company as of June 30, 2011, were $ 320.5 million, while cash flow from operation in the first half of the year was $ 795.6 million, which the company can leverage for its shareholder-friendly moves.
We believe apart from share repurchases, Republic Services’ consistent payment of dividend enhances the value for shareholders. The company has been consistently paying dividends to its shareholders and has increased the quarterly dividend rate thrice in the trailing thirteen quarters. A quarterly dividend of 22 cents is scheduled for payment on October 17, 2011, to shareholders of record of common stock on October 3, 2011.
Republic Services reported strong results of 49 cents per share in the recently concluded quarter, comfortably surpassing our expectation. During the earnings call, Republic Services reiterated its full-year earnings estimate in the range of $ 1.86 to $ 1.89 per share.
The Zacks Consensus Estimates for third quarter 2011, fiscal year 2011 and fiscal year 2012 are currently pegged at 50 cents, $ 1.88 and $ 2.12 per share, respectively.
Republic Services presently retains a Zacks #3 Rank, which translates to a short-term Hold rating. The company’s competitor Waste Management Inc. (NYSE: WM – News) presently has a Zacks #4 Rank, tantamount to a short-term Sell rating.
Republic Services Inc. is a non-hazardous solid waste company. The company along with its various operating units engages in providing reliable environmental services and solutions for its customers.
Follow Yahoo! Finance on ; become a fan on Facebook.
Yahoo! Finance: Waste Management Industry News
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011