“s” : “ve,vie.pa”,”k” : “a00,a50,b00,b60,c10,g00,h00,l10,p20,t10,v00″,”o” : “”,”j” : “”
Press Release Source: Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies On Tuesday August 16, 2011, 12:20 pm EDT
PLAINFIELD, Ill.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– For the next 10 years, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies (Veolia Water) will operate and maintain the water treatment plant at the Wheal Jane Mine located near Truro in Cornwall, England. Veolia Water will be working for the UK Coal Authority which has recently taken over the role of client from the Environment Agency.
The Wheal Jane mine was closed and the pumps stopped in 1991, allowing the mine to flood. In 1992 over 10 million gallons of polluted water containing iron and other metals was released into Restronguet Creek, Carnon River and Falmouth Bay due to a faulty plug in the underground Nangiles Adit. The Environment Agency was in charge of finding a long-term solution for treating the water. As a result, a bespoke treatment plant was designed and constructed to meet the stringent discharge limits set by the Environment Agency for discharge to the local water course.
Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies, subsidiary of Veolia Water, is a global provider of technology solutions and design-build services in water treatment. With over 9,500 employees in 57 countries, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies recorded revenue of $ 2.9 billion in 2010.
Veolia Water, the water division of Veolia Environnement, is the world leader in water and wastewater services and technological solutions. Its parent company, Veolia Environnement (NYSE:VE – News), is the worldwide reference in environmental services. With more than 315,000 employees, Veolia Environnement recorded annual revenues of $ 46 billion in 2010. Visit the company’s Web sites at www.veolianorthamerica.com, www.veoliawaterna.com and www.veoliawaterstna.com.
Follow Yahoo! Finance on ; become a fan on Facebook.
Yahoo! Finance: Waste Management Industry News
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011