My husband jumped in. A few minutes later the security guard came by. I waved at him, he waved back and drove on. He’s seen me there plenty of times. I’m sure he knows what I’m doing. My husband stayed hunkered down until the coast was clear.
In the box were about 2 dozen cans of mousse and hair spray. Mascara, leave-in conditioner, nail polish, powder, eye cream, cold cream, skin care, the list is ENDLESS.
Most of the cosmetics were unopened and HIGH END cosmetics.
So now I have to find someone to give them to. I’m planning a road trip back to the south. Along the way I’ll give them out to women in rest areas, etc.
It’s a fine line I have to draw in how I present myself when giving this stuff away. People are still very leery when someone is giving something away. We’re very paranoid as a nation so we tend to look a gift horse in the mouth, when all I’m trying to do is to be kind.
I did a quick estimate and came up with a figure of about $ 1K in makeup, cosmetics and hair care we found tonight.
Well I’m glad they threw it away. Somebody can use it.
My target demographic is working poor or unemployed women. Sometimes a bottle of perfume, some good eye makeup and nail polish can lift a woman’s spirits.
Women like looking and smelling nice. And sometimes that takes money. If all the money you have can only feed your children and pay the light bill, looking and smelling pretty goes by the wayside.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011