Oil drilling is highly regulated and safe, Clean Harbors’ Founder, Chairman and CEO told Cramer Wednesday.
[CLH Loading… () ] has been at the Bakken shale for nine years, he said, adding “we have not seen any kind of problems” like oil spills or companies not cleaning up after themselves. He also said drilling will not harm the water table.
“We do not see any signs of that at all,” Alan McKim said. He thinks the technology used to drill into the rock formations is “a pretty safe technology as far as we can tell.”
CLH is an environmental clean-up and waste disposal company doing business in the oil fields of North America. Not only does it respond in times of crisis, it also performs routine maintenance, cleaning and disposal tasks.
McKim is also adamant that pipelines are not dangerous.
“It is the safest way to manage oil transport right now, “he said. “I’ve been doing the cleanup business for 35 years. The majority of the events that we work on are related to tankers and trucks.”
In fact, he’s a proponent of the proposed pipeline that would transport oil from Canada to the US. He thinks that tapping into the resources in North America could free it from dependence on foreign oil.
“If we could get everybody focused on natural gas and oil here in the US and Canada, we could be, from a North American standpoint, energy independent for sure.”
Call Cramer: 1-800-743-CNBC
Questions for Cramer?
Questions, comments, suggestions for the Mad Money website?
© 2011 CNBC.com
From our Blog
- 15 items That You Should Either Recycle Or Thrown In The Trash October 5, 2016
- What to Ask When Looking for a Waste Collection Provider October 3, 2016
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011