Question by cgsliu: How do they calculate the size of a rental dumpster?
I called up to rent a dumpster, and they told me they had a 10-yard dumpster that was 13′(L) x 8′(W) x 4′(H). How does that equal 10 yards?
Answer by bluemtnsmaninva
It actually equals a 15.4 cubic yard capacity. Dumpsters are rented by their cubic yard capacity. 13′ x 8′ x 4′ = 416 cuft / 27 cuft = 15.4 cuyds. It is usually referred to as 10yd ( without the cubic designator ) dumpster to allow for 30% air space between coarse materials such as wood.
IF you are planning on placing concrete, masonry, sand or dirt in the dumpster you need to let the rental company know. They will tell you how deep the material can be without getting over the weight limits and the capacity of their pick up vehicle.
Add your own answer in the comments!
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011