Waste Connections Inc. Waste Connections Inc. Latest from The Business Journals Erie landfill will put methane to workDow plunges againDow closes up 423 Follow this company has entered into agreements to acquire the operations of the largest privately owned solid waste services company in Alaska.
Waste Connections (NYSE: WCN) is acquiring the operations of Alaska Pacific Environmental Services Anchorage LLC and Alaska Green Waste Solutions LLC. Known together as Alaska Waste, the company has annual revenue of $ 65 million. The transaction is subject to closing conditions, including regulatory approval.
The deal is expected to close in first-quarter 2012.
Folsom-based Waste Connections did not disclose terms of the deal, but research analysts suggest it is worth more than $ 100 million.
Wunderlich Securities Wunderlich Securities Latest from The Business Journals Sixteen Memphis private companies among nation’s fastest-growingShares in American Superconductor, A123 reverse courseCarty & Co. expanding footprint as revenue, market opportunities increase Follow this company said in a company update that Waste Connections is paying between $ 120 million and $ 125 million for Alaska Waste. Wunderlich maintains a buy rating and price target of $ 38 on shares of the company.
Raymond James & Associates estimated the purchase price of Alaska Waste to be “north of $ 100 million.” In a summary about the acquisition, Raymond James said “what intrigues us most about the purchase is it will add further visibility to 2012 earnings growth… .”
The transaction, analysts wrote in the summary, “would also add nicely to free cash flow.”
Shares of Waste Connections rose 4.4 percent, or $ 1.45, to $ 34.11 in after hours trading Wednesday.
Melanie Turner covers energy, environment, clean technology, agriculture, transportation, media and marketing
From our Blog
- 15 items That You Should Either Recycle Or Thrown In The Trash October 5, 2016
- What to Ask When Looking for a Waste Collection Provider October 3, 2016
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011