“s” : “dar”,”k” : “a00,a50,b00,b60,c10,g00,h00,l10,p20,t10,v00″,”o” : “”,”j” : “”
Michael Vodicka, On Tuesday August 30, 2011, 1:00 am EDT
Darling International, Inc. (NYSE: DAR – News) has seen huge gains over the last year, more than doubling in price after recently hitting a new 52-week high on another solid earnings surprise. With estimates moving higher on the news, this Zacks #1 rank stock is a solid pick for momentum.
Darling International Inc. provides rendering, recycling and recovery solutions for the food industry worldwide. The company was founded in 1993 and has a market cap of $ 1.89 billion.
Although DAR has pulled back a bit with the market over the last few weeks, the longer-term trend is still very bullish. Those gains are being supported by strong sales and earnings growth, on display in early August with strong Q2 results that came in ahead of expectations.
Revenue for the period was up 284% from last year to $ 471 million. Earnings also came in strong at 44 cents, 2% ahead of the Zacks Consensus Estimate.
The big gain in sales was driven by Darling’s acquisition of Griffin Industry’s and higher selling prices.
We saw some pretty solid movement in estimates on the good quarter, with the current year adding 6 cents in the last month to $ 1.66. The next-year estimate gained 13 cents in the same time to $ 1.79, a solid 8% growth projection.
But in spite of the gains, the valuation picture still looks solid, with a PEG ratio of 1.13 only marginally higher than the benchmark of 1 for value.
On the chart, DAR recently pulled back a bit with the market, but the long-term trend is still bullish. Take a look below.
Michael Vodicka is the Momentum Stock Strategist for Zacks.com. He is also the Editor in charge of the Zacks Momentum Trader Service.
Follow Yahoo! Finance on ; become a fan on Facebook.
Yahoo! Finance: Waste Management Industry News
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011