“s” : “wm”,”k” : “a00,a50,b00,b60,c10,g00,h00,l10,p20,t10,v00″,”o” : “”,”j” : “”
Press Release Source: Waste Management On Thursday September 1, 2011, 10:00 am EDT
IOWA CITY, Iowa, Sept. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Waste Management and the University of Iowa unveiled a new single-stream recycling program today. The new recycling program is designed to help the University of Iowa meet and even exceed its goal to divert 60% of the waste generated on campus by 2020.
While recycling has been available on campus, this new single-stream program allows students, faculty, staff and others to easily recycle paper, plastics, cardboard, tin, aluminum and other materials in one receptacle. Recycling containers will be placed in and around many buildings across the University of Iowa campus to help maximize the amount of recycled materials diverted from Iowa landfills.
“Our new streamlined recycling program enables the University of Iowa to recycle more items than ever before on campus,” said Liz Christensen, Director of the U of I Office of Sustainability. “Recycling is one of the keys to the University’s sustainability initiative and this new program gives our community easy, new ways to contribute to the overall success.”
The University community will immediately begin seeing new single-stream signage and labels along with Waste Management recycling containers across the campus. The program will be phased in at major buildings over the next several months. A full list of what can and cannot be recycled on campus is available at http://sustainability.uiowa.edu/assets/Uploads/Single-Stream-Electronic-Poster.pdf
“The University of Iowa has taken a major step forward in their leading efforts to be sustainable by introducing this efficient single-stream program,” said Carrie Spencer, Waste Management spokesperson. “On campus, there are so many opportunities to recycle items that previously ended up in trash cans.”
As North America‘s largest recycler, Waste Management has also delivered new dock-side recycling containers throughout the campus where single-stream material will be collected for transport to a recyclable materials sorting facility.
To find out what can be recycled in your area or for more information on recycling, visit www.wm.com or www.thinkgreen.com. In addition, be sure to follow Waste Management on Twitter and Facebook for additional recycling information.
About Waste Management
Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE WM), based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management services in North America. Our subsidiaries provide collection, transfer, recycling, and resource recovery and disposal services. We are also the largest residential recycler and a leading developer, operator and owner of waste-to-energy facilities in the United States. Our customers include residential, commercial, industrial and municipal customers throughout North America. To learn more visit www.wm.com or www.thinkgreen.com.
Waste Management of Iowa
University of Iowa Office of Sustainability
Follow Yahoo! Finance on ; become a fan on Facebook.
Yahoo! Finance: Waste Management Industry News
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011