Austin, TX (PRWEB) October 4, 2005
Starting June 1, 2005 businesses now have to adhere to new Federal Trade Commission rules on destroying consumer records such as credit reports and financial data or face civil penalties.
The idea is to prevent “Dumpster diving” — in which criminals look through trash and discarded business files to obtain personal information on customers.
These rules apply to both large and small organizations and most anyone getting rid of an old computer.
Identity thieves can ruin a persons credit, clean out their bank accounts before the victim is even aware of the crime. The crime is not only extremely harmful to the victims, but is also difficult to for police to investigate.
Phil Kuhlenbeck, owner of Scrapitout.com, a Computer Recycler and Data Destruction Company with locations nationwide, said, “This law affects most everyone, individuals and organizations of any size.”
There are many commercially available programs that claim to wipe all the data of hard drives. Yet, during testing with commercially purchased “data recovery” software it is possible to see and undelete a large amount of files from free space that was supposed to have been wiped clean.
“Kuhlenbeck went on to say, “everyone is at risk for having their identities stolen — and if it happens, serious consequences could result. Its because this issue is so important that we are providing free instructions on how to remove data 100%.”
Based in Austin, Texas Scrap It Out, LLC and Scrapitout.com are now the growing leader in computer recycling, data destruction and computer disposal technologies for organizations, businesses and government agencies of any size.
Free and Easy. http://www.scrapitout.com Spread the Word.
# # #
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011