Done deal: International Paper to buy out Temple-Inland
* addthis_config is used to set global options.
* ‘services_exclude’ lists all services not to be
* shown in the drop down menus.
* UI API found here: http://www.addthis.com/help/client-api#configuration-ui
* Service List found here: http://www.addthis.com/services/list
Sept. 6 — After months of wrangling, including some very public saber-rattling, Temple-Inland Inc. has agreed to be bought out by International Paper Co. in a $ 4.3 billion deal.
Memphis, Tenn.-based International Paper will pay $ 32 per share in cash for Temple-Inland and assume $ 600 million of debt, the companies said.
Boards for both companies have agreed on the terms.
“This transaction creates value for both Temple-Inland and International Paper shareholders. The combined company will be positioned to be a leader in providing high quality products for its customers,” Temple-Inland CEO Doyle R. Simons said in a statement.
Temple-Inland, of Austin, Texas, previously said International Paper’s former offer of $ 30.60 per share grossly undervalued the company.
Temple-Inland uses more than 1 million tons of old corrugated containers each year to make new containerboard. On the building products side, Temple-Inland makes lumber, gypsum, particleboard and fiberboard. International Paper recovers about 6 million tons of recycled fiber each year. That’s about 12% of the total recovered fiber collection in the United States, the company said.
Temple-Inland shares were up $ 6.28 per share, or 25.5 percent, to $ 30.91 in late morning trading Sept. 6.
Contact Waste & Recycling News senior reporter Jim Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-964-1289.
This Year’s Most Popular Stories
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011