Man charged with dumping on New York state property
* addthis_config is used to set global options.
* ‘services_exclude’ lists all services not to be
* shown in the drop down menus.
* UI API found here: http://www.addthis.com/help/client-api#configuration-ui
* Service List found here: http://www.addthis.com/services/list
Sept. 13 — A Long Island, N.Y., man is being charged after allegedly dumping more than 40 yards of construction and demolition debris on state property, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation said.
Everal “Charlie” Chotan, 59, of Uniondale, N.Y., faces five misdemeanor charges of unlawful disposal of solid waste, operating an unpermitted solid waste facility, criminal mischief, depositing solid waste on state property and disposing of unwholesome substances on a roadway, the state said.
The charges were filed after the state received a complaint on Sept. 7 of somebody dumping and burying debris on property owned by New York State Parks and maintained by the New York State Department of Transportation in Uniondale.
Chotan owns a paving business and works construction jobs on the side. He has regularly used the property and has stored equipment at the site and adjacent to the property for years, the state said.
State environmental conservation officers reported that they found several dump truck loads of construction debris that was exposed and partially buried, the state said.
Contact Waste & Recycling News senior reporter Jim Johnson at [email protected] or 937-964-1289.
This Year’s Most Popular Stories
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011