My husband and I are on a much needed honeymoon. With his insane work hours, we’ve never had a real chance to be a couple. Now we’re relaxing in the woods in our southern home.
Our entertainment consists of watching the fireflies, having a bonfire, cooking healthy meals at home and reading. Instead of FDR’s fireside chat, we have cocktail hour, some good conversation and reading some good books.
Our goal is to be retired and out of the city in a few months. I cannot wait. City living is much too stressful for me anymore. When I was younger and single, living in an urban area, clubbing, shopping and gabbing on the phone with women friends was my life, no more.
The last 2 nights we’ve recovered quite a bit of produce and one small change purse for me (brand new of course).
I have so much cosmetics and hair care products, they either will be sold at a garage sale or given away. So our local postal clerk (a woman) got a lovely bottle of hand creme from me. I put a note on it and said a little treat for you. I liked doing that.
Our RV/van broke down today. My hubby had to leave it at the local store, blocking some of the way. The owner was totally nice about it. So tonight I gave his wife some high end hand creme (hand creme is safe to give any woman) and said thank you for being so nice about our van being there and not towing it.
The town we’re in has a lot of poverty. So the stores throwing food away makes me crazy. So I’ll glean it and give it away to those who could use it.
It’s a complete misnomer about the South and how backwards people are here. Nothing could be further from the truth. I’ve found the sweetest kindest people here in the South. Many of them are poor but proud. Some have their emotional demons like city folk, but not that often.
There is no TV in this house and I do not miss it at all.
Lastly, be kind to each other and to yourself.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011