Minnesota OKs Rice County landfill expansion
* addthis_config is used to set global options.
* ‘services_exclude’ lists all services not to be
* shown in the drop down menus.
* UI API found here: http://www.addthis.com/help/client-api#configuration-ui
* Service List found here: http://www.addthis.com/services/list
Sept. 16 — Rice County’s landfill, near Dundas, Minn., is being given state permission to expand for the continued acceptance of municipal solid waste and demolition debris.
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency reissued a permit that allows the facility to continue operations and expand by 12.83 acres in a space between two existing disposal areas. This will increase municipal solid waste capacity by 1.2 million cubic yards.
Expansion also includes 10.83 acres above an existing unlined municipal solid waste disposal area at the landfill that now will be used for demolition waste, the state said. This will add 121,300 cubic yards of capacity.
Contact Waste & Recycling News senior reporter Jim Johnson at [email protected] or 937-964-1289.
This Year’s Most Popular Stories