“s” : “ve”,”k” : “a00,a50,b00,b60,c10,g00,h00,l10,p20,t10,v00″,”o” : “”,”j” : “”
Press Release Source: Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies On Wednesday September 21, 2011, 2:09 pm EDT
CALGARY, Alberta–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Osum Oil Sands Corp. will use water treatment technologies from Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies to process produced water from its Taiga Project at Cold Lake in Alberta. Osum will produce bitumen utilizing the in-situ, Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) process beginning production in 2013.
This produced water treatment system consists of AutoFlot® Induced Gas Flotation (IGF) and Power Clean® Oil Removal Filter (ORF) technologies for the secondary deoiling process. HPD evaporators will then process the de-oiled produced water to provide high-quality water to the Once-Through Steam Generators (OTSG) as well as treat the resulting blowdown.
The produced water treatment system is an example of the adoption of technologies and directives by Osum to minimize the impact of the Taiga Project on the surrounding environment. The evaporator system will recover over 93% of the water from SAGD operations for re-use in the process. More importantly, Osum will use no freshwater in the extraction process; instead using high salinity water for makeup demand for steam generation. The Silica Sorption™ Process used in the evaporator package was designed to tolerate the use of this brackish water as makeup that is unfit for consumption.
Flexible disposal of the evaporator concentrate from the Silica Sorption Process allows minimal treatment and safe handling of waste prior to disposal. Osum plans to use onsite disposal facilities for this concentrate in an effort to reduce truck traffic in the area.
Osum is a privately held Alberta based company focused on the application of environmentally responsible in situ recovery technologies within Canada’s oil sands and carbonates.
Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies, subsidiary of Veolia Water, is a leading design & build company and a specialized provider of technological solutions in water treatment. With over 9,658 employees in 57 countries, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies recorded revenue of $ 2.9 billion in 2010
Veolia Water, the water division of Veolia Environnement (NYSE:VE – News), is the world leader in water and wastewater services. Specialized in outsourcing services for municipal authorities, as well as industrial and service companies, it is also one of the world’s major designers of technological solutions and constructor of facilities needed in water and wastewater services. With 96,260 employees in 67 countries, Veolia Water provides water service to 100 million people and wastewater service to 71 million. Its 2010 revenue amounted to €12.1 billion.
Follow Yahoo! Finance on ; become a fan on Facebook.
Yahoo! Finance: Waste Management Industry News
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011