Fulcrum BioEnergy Inc., a closely held company that produces ethanol from garbage, is seeking to raise $ 115 million through an initial public offering.
The number of shares to be offered and the price range haven’t been determined yet, the Pleasanton, California-based company said today in a statement. The shares would be listed under the symbol FLCM, though an exchange hasn’t yet been selected, according to Fulcrum’s filing.
The company plans to use proceeds to fund construction of its first commercial plant, a 10 million-gallon-a-year facility near Reno, Nevada. The $ 180 million plant is expected to begin production in the second half of 2013. Waste Management Inc. (WM) and Waste Connections Inc. (WCN) will supply the municipal solid waste feedstock, and Tenaska Biofuels LLC will purchase all of the fuel, according to the filing.
Fulcrum uses a plasma gasification technology licensed from InEnTec LLC of Bend, Oregon, to convert trash into synthesis gas, which is composed of hydrogen and carbon monoxide. The company converts those gases into ethanol using a catalyst licensed from Nipawin Biomass Ethanol New Generation Co- operative Ltd. and the Saskatchewan Research Council.
Fulcrum hasn’t yet generated any revenue and had a deficit of $ 63.8 million as of June 30, 2011, according to the filing. US Renewables Group LLC owns 72.7 percent of Fulcrum’s shares, and Rustic Canyon Partners owns 23.4 percent, according to the filing.
UBS Securities LLC is the underwriter.
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Reed Landberg at email@example.com
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011