In chaotic and difficult moments like this, you must seek the protection of stocks with serious dividends, Cramer said Friday.
“Nothing, and I do mean nothing, protects better than a dividend,” he said.
That’s why he likes Waste Management
[WM Loading… () ], which has a 4.4 percent yield.
“Here’s a well-run company that’s in stronger shape than people think and is paying you handsomely to wait until the tides shift,” he said. “That’s what I call an opportunity.”
The company has boosted its dividend by 81 percent over the last seven years, and Cramer thinks it has room to keep increasing the payout going forward.
But the dividend isn’t the only reason the “Mad Money” host is behind WM. The company owns the nation’s largest network of landfills, which are scarce and time-consuming to build.
The stock is down since Waste Management reported a disappointing quarter and gave downside guidance for 2012 back in July. It was also hit with greater-than-expected pricing pressure, but Cramer believes the company when it says the pricing weakness was temporary.
He suggests buying a small position in Waste Management now, and then buying in wide scales on the way down.
Call Cramer: 1-800-743-CNBC
Questions for Cramer?
Questions, comments, suggestions for the Mad Money website?
© 2011 CNBC.com
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011