Deanna Oppenheimer, head of Barclays UK and European retail banks, has resigned after six years with the company in which she helped oversee a successful turnaround for the bank, U.K. newspaper The Telegraph reported.
Oppenheimer, recently named the second most influential woman in finance by US Banker magazine, was hired by Barclays after she had worked for Seattle-based Washington Mutual Washington Mutual Latest from The Business Journals WaMu still haunts Seattle, three years after its closure WaMu still haunts Seattle, three years after its closureSouth Florida’s banks try to stay afloat amid economic woes Follow this company for 20 years, helping facilitate WaMu’s growth from a regional lender to a national presence.
Oppenheimer’s husband, Columbia Hospitality Columbia Hospitality Latest from The Business Journals WASHINGTON’S BEST WORKPLACES: A winning cultureWashington’s Best Workplaces finalists revealedNew deals nearly double Columbia Hospitality size Follow this company CEO John Oppenheimer, and her children are still based in Seattle, and The Telegraph reported that she is interested in moving back to the U.S.and pursuing a career outside of financial services.
“When I came to Barclays, my goal was clear, to lead the transformation of U.K. retail banking and leave in place a successful management team that is well placed to continue the journey,” Oppenheimer said in a statement, The Wall Street Journal reported. “It is with immense pride that I leave Barclays having achieved this goal.”
Ashok Vaswani, the current chief executive of Barclays Africa, will take over Barclays U.K. operations and Antony Jenkins, chief executive of retail and business banking, will take over European operations.
“Deanna has made a huge contribution in her six years with Barclays, leading the transformation of our U.K. retail bank and the turn around of our European business,” Jenkins said in a statement, according to the Wall Street Journal.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011