Losses at Arlington-based Homeland Security Capital Corp Homeland Security Capital Corp Latest from The Business Journals Homeland Security Capital losses widenHomeland Security Capital to sell divisionPerma-Fix to buy Safety and Ecology Holdings Follow this company . widened last quarter as the firm encountered headwinds in its plan to shift its business focus to real estate services.
Homeland Security Capital said that the increased expenses of marketing its homeland security subsidiaries, compounded by unanticipated costs on several projects, widened its fiscal 2011 fourth quarter loss, before giving effect to preferred stock dividends, was $ 5.2 million, 10 cents per share. That compared with net income of $ 300,000, 1 cent per share, for the same period last year.
Revenue for the latest quarter was $ 27.2 million, up from $ 26.8 million in the year-ago period.
Losses also widened for the fiscal year. Before giving effect to preferred stock dividends, the company’s net loss was $ 4.4 million, 8 cents per share, compared with net income of $ 1.9 million, 4 cents per share in fiscal 2010.
Revenue for fiscal 2011 was $ 105.1 million compared with $ 97.9 million in fiscal 2010.
“We clearly had a disappointing fourth quarter,” said Homeland Security Capital CEO Tom McMillan. “We look forward to more positive results in the future, including growing our recent acquisitions in the real estate services industry.”
Homeland Security Capital’s retooling of its business model has included the acquisition of title insurance and escrow services firm Timios, Inc., and the creation of the Fiducia Real Estate Solutions, Inc. subsidiary.
While the firm has yet to find a buyer for its homeland security subsidiaries, it has met with better success in other realignments efforts. In July, Homeland Security Capital (OTCBB: HOMS) announced the sale of its wholly owned subsidiary, Safety and Ecology Holdings Corp. to Atlanta-based Perma-Fix Environmental Services Inc. Perma-Fix Environmental Services Inc. Latest from The Business Journals Perma-Fix selling Orlando location for MPerma-Fix selling Orlando location for MHomeland Security Capital to sell division Follow this company for $ 24.5 million.
Tucker Echols covers general assignment and provides business coverage for WTOP.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011