I’ve come to the conclusion that my husband is now a bigger diving addict than me. I do believe I’ve created a monster. LOL.
On our travels last night we encountered another diver. A young male in a minivan. We talked for a few minutes. He gave us some good leads in our area. He lives in a different section of our state so he’s not a competitor, for now. We saw him in one big strip mall and we saw him again at another store! He advised us to get the headlight on a strap that goes on your forehead. This allows us to be handsfree so we can both dive different dumpsters at one time.
While we were there a homeless man was eating behind the dumpster with his bike. He asked us not to take his bike! My husband said oh no man, we’re just here dumpster diving, we’re not going to take your bike. We had told him just across the street last week a homeless man had been hurt. He said it doesn’t surprise me, homeless people are beaten up and killed all the time and it goes unreported. He said you can get killed for $ 5.
Isn’t that sad? Beating up and killing homeless people? If you hurt a homeless person you’ve entered a new low.
You can tell a lot about a person by how he/she treats someone who could do absolutely nothing for them.
2 dozen magazines. Some my hubby will take to work for his staff, a few will be sent to an aged relative in another state and the rest of the children’s magazine will be given to our neighbors who have little ones.
Found about a dozen clothes slashed. There are a few things I can fix but the rest are toast. The stores slashed the pants in the middle of the leg so you cannot fix them. There were 2 pants that were slashed at the seam so I can fix those. One pair is a size 4 nice jeans for women (way too small for me) and another pair of yoga pants that I will use myself. Good diving pants as they’re dark and comfortable. The one padded vest jacket is fixable but will take some time to do it right.
Slashing and ruining items to me is just plain mean. If you’re going to throw the clothes out, for God’s sake throw them out intact so some poor people can wear them or I can recover them and give them to the Salvation army.
The little guy is getting very sick of being trampled on by these corporate thugs and government minions. After the economy collapses and it will, these same psychopaths will be left with nowhere to go. Many of them have ignored their family and friends to make another dollar so they’ll be left on their own. I wish I could say I felt sorry for these people but I can’t. They did it to themselves.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011