Kaysville, Utah (PRWEB) August 10, 2009
Identity theft is here to stay and there is no indication that it is going away. Even with all the efforts put forth to combat the problem, it continues to grow. Office Zone continues to be surprised at how many businesses continue to lag behind in destroying sensitive information and how few businesses are aware of federal laws such as FACTA and HIPAA.
To try and combat the lack of education, Office Zone has created a resources section on its Web site to try and better educate people with regards to identity theft and how paper shredders can help combat this problem. This new resources section includes how-to articles, FAQs, video demonstrations, guides and much more.
Identity theft can easily occur with dumpster diving. Dumpster diving involves an individual sifting through discarded garbage in search of sensitive information. Harvested information can be used to create bank accounts, sign up for credit cards, create fake legal documentation and much more. This can eventually lead to bad credit and a nightmare of legal battles. Dumpster diving is perfectly legal in most states.
Businesses are even more obligated to keep customer information safe. This means businesses must properly destroy customer information once it is no longer needed. Failure to do so can involve hefty government fines and legal issues with customers. The most common way for businesses to destroy sensitive customer information is by shredding it.
Office Zone is optimistic that information found in their new paper shredder resources section will help businesses avoid such costly mistakes and better protect themselves against these criminals. You can find Office Zone’s new paper shredder resources by going here .
For more information on paper shredder laws such as FACTA and HIPAA, and for more information on paper shredders, contact Office Zone by calling 1-800-543-5454. The entire selection of OfficeZone’s shredders can be viewed online.
# # #
From our Blog
- 15 items That You Should Either Recycle Or Thrown In The Trash October 5, 2016
- What to Ask When Looking for a Waste Collection Provider October 3, 2016
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011