Question by Let’s go.>>ĞŔĔĔN: What should happen after my character gets beat up?
I asked this question before, but I thought maybe I should clarify further…it’s not as long as it looks. ;P
So far, I have finished one chapter. The main character, Omar, has been beaten up by a group of boys in school because he is Arab/Muslim. He is in highschool (I haven’t decided the exact age yet, but I’m thinking maybe 14 or 15?). The beating took place in the back yard of the school, during school hours, near the dumpsters. Nobody witnessed it, as it was hidden. He also got a swirly right before he was beat up. The setting of the whole story is in the USA.
So, he is left unconcious. What I need help with is possibly what should happen after this or what injuries he should obtain. I’m not asking for anyone to write it for me, just a little push, because right now I have a lot of ideas and I don’t know which to choose.
I’ve decided that Omar should possibly be found by a teacher during 7th period, and Omar is taken in an ambulance to the hospital. What I need to decide is what his injuries should be and how should he handle it. And also, what should happen while the teachers and EMS are there in school, finding him? How did the teacher find im? I think Omar should be beat up pretty badly, but nothing TOO serious. I was thinking a concussion, broken wrist, black eye, bloody nose, and some bruises would do. Do you think that would fit my description? He was kicked/smacked on the back of the head, the face, stomach, and back…basically all over.
Also, I was wondering between should his big brother want to beat up the guys who did this to him. Or should he endure it on his own? I’ve decided Omar should lie about who did it, so there can be some more conflict later on in the story…but to lesser extents.
I’m also not quite sure where my story is going to go. I know it’s a story of a boy who faces racism and getting picked on because of his ethnicity and religon. As of right now, I’m writing as I go and I have a few ideas in my head which is what I’m asking help for. Any help is much appreciated. I have so many ideas to choose from and I don’t know what to do! Please don’t take it that I’m asking you to come up with ideas or write it for me; I just want some help choosing out of the ideas I have. Thanks!
Yeah, I was planning for him to have been beat up during 6th or 7th period.
Also, I failed to mention that Omar slips in and out of consiousness when EMS are there, so he only heres bits and pieces of what’s oging on.
Uh…no actually, I’m not asking anyone to write it for me. Did I not make it clear that I’m only asking for help out of the ideas I have? Asking for a little push is OK…I’m not asking for anyone to come up with things for me. No need to be so bitter either.
If it helps, my character is shy and quiet, he doesn’t have many friends, and generally keeps to himself.
It’s in first person, and I was thinking he could be slipping in and out of consiousness so he could vaguely sense the teacher..?
Probably for young adult or older. definitely not kids. I’m not really thinking about that though
by the way…sorry if it bothers anyone if I ask other people to answer my question? It’s not like I just leave a link…I put in time and effort to sincerely answer their question first and then I ask them to answer mine in return. I don’t see anything wrong with that?
do you think this beat up scene sound realistic?
Answer by Meg M
Well, considering that in Arabic culture men are taught to be proud, it wouldn’t make sense for him to tell anybody the truth about somebody getting the best of him.
In fact, his father and brother may even look down on him for letting himself get beaten up like that. He probably won’t want to discuss it–not with friends, family, or school officials. So he wouldn’t necessarily lie–he would just omit the truth.
Add your own answer in the comments!
Share us on Google Plus
From our Blog
- Do Light Bulbs belong in Dumpsters? February 10, 2016
- Garbage or Recycling? February 5, 2016
- How to get rid of your junk January 21, 2016
- The Right Dumpster Rental Options January 9, 2016
- How to Get a Dumpster to Your House with SameDayDumpsters.com June 20, 2014
- Helpful Tips When Renting a Dumpster January 21, 2013
- Tips for Cleaning Up and Organizing January 4, 2013
- Phoenix AZ Dumpster Rentals Now Available at SameDayDumpsters.com October 22, 2012
- Dumpster Rental in Bethseda, MD Available at SameDayDumpsters.com September 8, 2012
- Dumpster Rental in Pennsylvania Made Easy with SameDayDumpsters August 28, 2012
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011