Wall Street is high on Republic Services (RSG), expecting it to report earnings that are up 11.1% from a year ago when it reports its third quarter earnings on Thursday, October 27, 2011. The consensus estimate is 50 cents per share, up from earnings of 45 cents per share a year ago.
What to Expect:
Analysts are projecting earnings of $ 1.88 per share for the fiscal year.
Revenue is projected to be 2.3% above the year-earlier total of $ 2.06 billion at $ 2.11 billion for the quarter. Revenue is projected to come in at $ 8.23 billion for the year.
All six analysts rate Republic Services as a buy. Analyst sentiment has been improving recently, as the number of buy ratings has risen slightly over the past three months.
Trends to Watch For:
The decline in profit in the second quarter followed three straight quarters of year-over-year profit growth. Profit dropped 70.9% year over year in the most recent quarter. Going further back, the figure rose more than twofold in the first quarter, more than fourfold in the fourth quarter of the last fiscal year and 11.4% in the third quarter of the last fiscal year.
Revenue has grown for three quarters in a row. The 1% revenue increase brought the figure up to $ 2.09 billion in the most recent quarter. Looking back further, revenue increased 0.4% in the first quarter from the year earlier and 1.1% in the fourth quarter of the last fiscal year.
Republic Services’ current dividend yield is 3.0% based on Friday’s close of $ 28.98. The company has an annualized dividend of $ 0.88 per share.
Republic Services provides non-hazardous solid waste collection services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Republic Services’ main competitors in the industrials sector are Waste Management (WM), Waste Connections (WCN), Stericycle (SRCL), and Clean Harbors (CLH).
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011