Over the weekend found an ENORMOUS amount of stuff.
Crackers, Cookies, Energy Bars
Pure liquid protein vitamins
2 safes (yes safes (NEW), one weighed 50 pounds and the other one weighed 100 pounds)
12 blow dryers (yes you read that right) 12 brand new unopened blow dryers. (One was given to a neighbor who has children and the rest will be doled out accordingly).
Over a hundred craft magazines for crochet, quilt, knitting and sewing). Most of them had patterns you could make items with. Patterns are very expensive. These are priceless things to find.
Jars of mayonnaise
Shelving for homes
Metal for recycling and scrap
Dozen jars of Italian dressing
Sadly, one of the places we find magazines locked their dumpster. We peeked in last night and found many magazines thrown in the trash. Very sad. (On a positive note, my 2 and 4 y/o neighbors LOVED the coloring books we gave them; they snatched them away from the Momma right away!).
We‘ve been finding SO much stuff, my hubby and I are taking a break until next weekend. We’re both exhausted. I’m sore as hell and so is my hubby. My garage is full. The stuff has to be donated or sold. Nature abhors a vacuum so if we fill up too much, God will not send us more stuff.
On the way home from grocery shopping today we saw a middle-aged white woman on the street with a sign that says hungry, please help.
My god, that stabbed my heart like a knife. We made a U-turn and parked into a restaurant. I yelled at her to come over so we could buy her dinner. (It’s far easier for a woman to approach another woman). We went in and she ordered what she wanted to eat. I told her order whatever you want, nothing is off the table. She ordered and I paid.
She told me she was working a part time job and literally was out of money. She was getting paid Tuesday and was just plain old hungry. She said one man gave her $ 5 and several people drove by and called her horrible names.
Isn’t that sickening? Calling a poor middle-aged white female dirty names because she’s hungry? What have we come to?
When she told me that I was infuriated. It literally makes my head wanna explode when she told me that.
While her food was being prepared the manager came up to the counter for the next person. She said were you going to eat? I said oh no, I’m buying this lady dinner. I bent over and quietly said, this lady is homeless and hungry, you be nice to her. She said yes ma’am, I’ll make sure she is taken care of and has dessert.
Here we go again, Americans are hurting and we’re spending billions of dollars overseas. I’m very sick of the whole thing.
So instead of staying mad, I’m going to create a 72 hour backpack with various items for survival for a homeless man or woman.
This is what I’ll put in it
Can of soda
Some vitamin packs
Sanitary pads for women
Toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash and floss
Peanut butter packs
If you can think of anything else, please comment.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011