I understand where the OWS crowd is coming from. I do. Being a dumpster diver now on my 4th year, I’ve seen and heard it all on the streets.
Our politicians and our leaders do not see what I see.
I see the young couple living in their van or car because they both lost their jobs. They’re making a living working at the day labor hall, gleaning soda cans for recycling money or dumpster diving like I do, but unfortunately the food they find or the food in the soup kitchen is all they have. I at least have hot food at home every day. For that I’m grateful.
They don’t see the security guards who are working long hours, on their feet all day for a mere $ 10 to $ 12 an hour. Hardly enough to feed themselves, let alone a wife or kids. I see security guards with ragged uniforms that THEY have to pay for and be in situations that are many times very dangerous indeed, with no respect from the public or the police. Another one of our working poor.
They don’t see the retail worker who not only gets the brunt of negativity from the public who takes out all their stuff on them, but the long hours and mistreatment from management with low wages. But what are they to do? (Sarcasm off). They should be grateful for a job right?
They don’t see the middle-aged man or woman who used to have a good job as a middle manager or some type of white collar worker who used to earn a good wage, pay taxes and obey the law. I see a lot of defeated, depressed and demoralized middle aged women and men who feel hopeless. Usually when I start talking to them they open up. Many times they cry. It’s a very heartbreaking sight. But I educate them on who is to blame and what they can do. And if I can give them a little treat that I find in the dumpster, why not?
BUT the money junkies gotta make more money right? So let’s ship all the jobs overseas to make more money. Meanwhile back at the ranch entire towns are wiped out financially when thousands of jobs are sent overseas in all the name of “profit”.
I don’t know about you all but the stuff I’m seeing made in China is junk. Most of the stuff I find in the dumpster is made in China. I wouldn’t pay you a dollar for it, but I will glean it and give it to those who may need it, however long it may last.
Taking it out of the dumpster keeps the sales tax revenue from our rotten government and one less dollar for the Chicomms who are deliberately manipulating their dollar and thereby hurting American workers.
Our young kids are getting out of college and cannot find a job. When I was in college I could leave one job and get another one THE NEXT DAY. Not now. Many of my friends have been unemployed for months. Most of them are over 40 and are ignored and most employers won’t even give them the time of day. They’re too expensive (please).
Crony capitalism and the free markets are two different things. Crony capitalism is a rigged game that allows Washington insiders, lobbyists and special interest group to get a one-upmanship on the rest of us.
Free market mandate that you have an item for sale and you sell it. The best vendor with the best product will sell the most. Those who have inferior products or products less popular will not sell at most.
That is not what is happening today. Those who have an inside on the nation’s beltway have an inside edge that permanently locks the little guy out.
It makes me ill when I hear politicians screaming about welfare and food stamps, but will bend over backwards to hand out corporate welfare in the name of bailouts and subsidies.
Something is gotta break and break soon. We’re on year 5 of this depression.
We have TSA sticking their hands down our pants.
Our jobs are shipped overseas to make an extra dollar.
MOST of our politicians are whores and liars and would probably sell their mother if they could get away with it.
I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011