BlueFire Renewables Inc. (BFRE), a cellulosic ethanol producer, is receiving funding from China’s fourth-largest utility to build its first commercial plant to convert wood and plant waste into ethanol and power.
China Huadian Engineering Co., a unit of China Huadian Corp., agreed to buy a stake in the Fulton, Mississippi, plant and may later also provide debt financing, Irvine, California- based BlueFire said today in a statement that didn’t give a value for the transaction. The plant will produce 19 million gallons (72 million liters) of fuel a year when complete. Huadian may provide equity and debt for five other U.S. plants and is considering forming a joint venture to build similar facilities in China.
“What they’re really interested in is the fact that these projects generate greenhouse-gas credits, and on top of that they’re integrated with the biomass power plants,” Arnold Klann, BlueFire’s chief executive officer, said today in a telephone interview.
The Fulton project will cost about $ 390 million, including $ 100 million for the embedded power plant, which will provide about 9 megawatts of its 24-megawatt power generation capacity to the grid, Klann said.
The project is also being funded with an $ 88 million Energy Department grant. The state is providing $ 47 million of tax abatement over ten years, while Iwatamba County is providing a $ 2 million loan and a $ 3.4 million grant.
The additional projects will be the same size, or slightly larger, than the Fulton facility, Klann said. Tenaska Biofuels LLC in September 2010 agreed to purchase and sell all of the biofuel from the Fulton plant.
BlueFire rose 29 percent to 20 cents in over-the-counter trading, the most since July 11.
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Reed Landberg at email@example.com
From our Blog
- Helpful Tips When Renting a Dumpster January 21, 2013
- Tips for Cleaning Up and Organizing January 4, 2013
- Phoenix AZ Dumpster Rentals Now Available at SameDayDumpsters.com October 22, 2012
- Dumpster Rental in Bethseda, MD Available at SameDayDumpsters.com September 8, 2012
- Dumpster Rental in Pennsylvania Made Easy with SameDayDumpsters August 28, 2012
- Troop 581 B.S.A. August 21, 2012
- Renting a Dumpster in NY Made Easy by Samedaydumpsters.com August 14, 2012
- Home Remodeling Projects Made Much Easier with SameDayDumpsters.com August 3, 2012
- Junk Removal Services Made Easy with SameDayDumpsters July 14, 2012
- Dumpster Rental for Any Construction Project Now Available at SameDayDumpsters.com June 30, 2012
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Castledoor “Dumpster Diving” June 3, 2011
- Q&A: What is it like to go dumpster diving? December 11, 2011
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- Dumpster Diving Documentary (part 1) November 25, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- dumpster diving June 2, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011