(PRWEB) March 15, 2005
The newly released “The Roadhead Chronicles” book by Motor City pop culture author Mike Marino is fast becoming a car culture cult classic! It’s being described as the literary flashpoint in the road where pop culture and chrome meet asphalt and art in a headon collision! Mike wields his verbal machete and has created a literary masterpiece of of the Semi-Fabulous 1950’s, the Tie-Dyed Spare Change 1960’s, and the Motor City Muscle Car Era of the 1970’s.
It’s V-8’s and Vietnam, Haight Ashbury, Hell’s Angels and Hippies, along with heavy doses of Elvis, Marilyn, James Dean and Brando Bravado, and it’s all captured wonderfully in over 400 pages of nostalgia packed with horsepower and rock n’ roll!
“The Roadhead Chronicles” also fills up with high performance nitro and kicks some serious asphalt down the highway of roadside nostalgia and culture. Neon motels, cafes, diners, greasy spoons, and Route 66. It explores the history of the asphalt kickin’ world of the automotive tourist and the explosion of the roadside industry. It’s an era of true automotive Americana and Mike takes you a trip that allows you to get your kicks and your kitsch on Route 66!
The last section of the book is a compilation of Mike’s travels from Jack Kerouac’s North Beach to Jerry Garcia’s Haight Ashbury, and various side trips to American landmarks of Asphaltia from Cadillac Ranch in Texas, the Henry Ford Museum in Detroit, Michigan and a too cool visit to the James Dean Car Cruise and Festival in Indiana. Along the way you’ll make various stops at Marvelous Marvin’s Mechanical Museum and the Alien Festival in Roswell, New Mexico.
“The Roadhead Chronicles” Kicks Asphalt!
Mike Marino is in the vanguard of the new breed of “writers on the storm” who use their energy to create imagery through words and utilize an “in your face” take no prisoners approach to modern literature. They use words to create paintings on the canvas of the imagination of the reader, and roll up their sleeves and spend hours dumpster diving in the trashbins of pop culture!
Mike has made his “roadhead” bones and enjoys nothing better than a greasy, unfolded map on the front seat of the car, a bag of beef jerky and a cream soda to wash it all down.
Originally a product of the Motor City in Detroit, Michigan he has also lived as a bonafide son of a beach in a tree house in Hawaii, the spare change Haight Ashbury district and the bohemian enclave of the North Beach neighborhood in San Francisco. Today he lives in a state of Rocky Mountain High in Colorado.
Recently, two of his works have been turned into a series of one-act characterization plays by an avant garde theater group in Oregon, and one piece is being turned into a low budget extra cheesey sci-fi flick by a group of renegade filmakers in Ann Arbor.
He enjoys Hawaiian Shirts, Cuban cigars, Corona beer and loves to rummage through auto junkyards for automobile artifacts to turn into welded heavy metal roadhead art.
Mike is available for radio, TV and print interviews and will provide a lively, entertaining and unpredictable performance for your listeners, viewers or readers.
To Contact us for more information on the book or to book Mike for an interview or appearance feel free to contact me at:
Thank you for your time and consideration and look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convienience.
From our Blog
- Why You Need a Dumpster September 21, 2016
- Neighborhood Togetherness Matters & Clean Up Does, Too September 19, 2016
- What Waste Should You Recycle And Throw In The Trash? August 3, 2016
- Dumpster Rentals for Business Owners August 1, 2016
- Picking a Dumpster for Your Next Roofing Project July 19, 2016
- Consequences of Illegal Dumping and Littering July 13, 2016
- How To Dispose Of Debris? June 14, 2016
- When Is A Good Time To Clean Out Your Waste? June 13, 2016
- How to Dispose of Construction Waste May 2, 2016
- Why You Should Share Rental Dumpsters With Your Neighbors April 29, 2016
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011
- Dumpster Dive (Director Commentary) September 24, 2011
- Dumpster Divers Spark Palin Probe September 11, 2011
- Can Opener? We don’t need no stinking can opener! June 19, 2011
- Auburn-Placer 1 yard dumpster June 8, 2011