“s” : “cva”,”k” : “a00,a50,b00,b60,c10,g00,h00,l10,p20,t10,v00″,”o” : “”,”j” : “”
Press Release Source: Covanta Energy On Tuesday November 1, 2011, 8:55 am EDT
MORRISTOWN, N.J., Nov. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Covanta Energy, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Covanta Holding Corporation (NYSE:CVA – News) and a world leader in the development and operation of Energy-from-Waste (EfW) and other renewable energy projects, today announced the launch of Covanta 4Recovery. The newly named business unit unifies Covanta’s merchant services subsidiaries (formally Covanta Secure Services and TransRiver Marketing Company) to better leverage its broad array of services and capabilities to meet increasing demands in geographic scope and customer needs for sustainability solutions. Covanta 4Recovery offerings include waste procurement and logistics, environmental services, metals recycling, e-waste recycling, and waste customer support.
The name “4Recovery” encompasses the central part of Covanta Energy’s business – “Recovery” or the 4th R in the waste management hierarchy after Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
“As a result of company growth in the last decade, we see an excellent opportunity to expand our merchant service offerings to take advantage of new business opportunities including recovering more materials for recycling and providing our customers with even more sustainable solutions for waste disposal,” said Seth Myones, president of Covanta Americas.
Merchant services under Covanta 4Recovery include helping organizations with recycling and energy recovery initiatives to reach zero landfill status, in addition to secure destruction. The unit is also responsible for procuring waste volumes to utilize the portion of waste disposal capacity at Covanta Energy’s EfW projects which is not dedicated to municipal clients to keep facilities operating at full capacity.
“Covanta 4Recovery is able to provide customers sustainable alternatives to landfill disposal, strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and environmentally responsible recycling services,” continued Myones.
Recovering energy from residual waste left over after recycling at Energy-from-Waste facilities (also referred to as waste-to-energy), offsets greenhouse gases and produces much needed renewable energy; reduces landfill use which preserves open space; protects the environment by employing state-of-the-art equipment and systems; and maximizes recycling and the reuse of resources.
Covanta operates 44 Energy-from-Waste facilities for communities worldwide. These facilities collectively process 20 million tons of waste per year, recycle over 400,000 tons of metals and generate nine million megawatt hours of electricity. The annual greenhouse gas emissions offset from Covanta’s operations are the equivalent of planting 460 million tree seedlings.
For more information on Covanta 4Recovery, visit www.covanta4recovery.com.
Covanta Energy is an internationally recognized owner and operator of large-scale Energy-from-Waste and renewable energy projects and a recipient of the Energy Innovator Award from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. Covanta’s 44 Energy-from-Waste facilities provide communities with an environmentally sound solution to their solid waste disposal needs by using that municipal solid waste to generate clean, renewable energy. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely and securely convert more than 20 million tons of waste into 9 million megawatt hours of clean renewable electricity and create more than 9 billion pounds of steam that are sold to a variety of industries. For more information, visit www.covantaenergy.com.
Follow Yahoo! Finance on ; become a fan on Facebook.
Yahoo! Finance: Waste Management Industry News
From our Blog
- Helpful Tips When Renting a Dumpster January 21, 2013
- Tips for Cleaning Up and Organizing January 4, 2013
- Phoenix AZ Dumpster Rentals Now Available at SameDayDumpsters.com October 22, 2012
- Dumpster Rental in Bethseda, MD Available at SameDayDumpsters.com September 8, 2012
- Dumpster Rental in Pennsylvania Made Easy with SameDayDumpsters August 28, 2012
- Troop 581 B.S.A. August 21, 2012
- Renting a Dumpster in NY Made Easy by Samedaydumpsters.com August 14, 2012
- Home Remodeling Projects Made Much Easier with SameDayDumpsters.com August 3, 2012
- Junk Removal Services Made Easy with SameDayDumpsters July 14, 2012
- Dumpster Rental for Any Construction Project Now Available at SameDayDumpsters.com June 30, 2012
2011 2012 Announces best Call Clean Company Conference Connections Covanta diving dumpster dumpsters Energy Ewaste Garb garbage Harbors Holding Identity Inc. Industry Landfill Management Plant power Present Progressive Recycling Release Rental Reports Republic Second Services Solutions Stericycle stock Third TRASH TriTech Veolia Waste yard Year
- Castledoor “Dumpster Diving” June 3, 2011
- Q&A: What is it like to go dumpster diving? December 11, 2011
- Dumpster Diving for Gourmet Pig Feed – Novella Carpenter July 10, 2011
- A Shout Out To Eating Garbage: Dumpster Diving on CBC September 17, 2011
- MythBusters – Dumpster Diving Trailer July 16, 2011
- Kris Kemp: Dumpster Diver August 21, 2011
- Dumpster Diving Documentary (part 1) November 25, 2011
- What should happen after my character gets beat up? June 6, 2011
- dumpster diving June 2, 2011
- Frugal TV – Dumpster Diving for Coupons June 11, 2011